3. Old Sheldon Church
A must see, Old Sheldon Church was originally known as Prince William's Parish Church and was built in the Greek Revival style between 1745 and 1753. It was burned down by the British in 1779 during the Revolutionary War. In 1826, it was rebuilt only to be burned again by General Sherman in February 1865. Today, these gorgeous ruins from a bygone era are found amongst majestic oaks and scattered ancient graves. Inside the ruins of the church is the burial site of Colonel William Bull, who, along with General Oglethorpe, was key in establishing the physical layout of Savannah, Georgia. It is now a popular site for wedding ceremonies, photographers, and ghost hunters. An annual worship service is held the second Sunday after Easter.