Our local businesses are dedicated to keeping consumers and employees safe during COVID-19 through the Beaufort, Port Royal, and Sea Islands Safe Commitment. Based on CDC recommendations and practices, this is a guarantee that local businesses will do everything necessary to promote safety during your visit, including:
- Staff and employees are required to regularly and thoroughly wash their hands while working.
- Hand sanitizer is made available for visitors.
- Staff and guests alike are required to use cloth face coverings at all times while at a business in accordance with the City of Beaufort Mask Ordinance.
- Signs are distributed throughout businesses to promote safety and good hygiene.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected as often as possible.
- Shared objects, like serving utensils and condiments, are replaced with disposable versions.
- Businesses implement extra space between tables or seating areas, physical barriers, zero-touch payment options, visual guides, and other measures to encourage social distancing
Some businesses may also have additional protocols of their own. Visitors who have questions about a destination’s specific COVID-19 safety measures should contact the establishment directly.