1. Scout Southern Market: One of the premier southern stores in the Southeast is tucked away on Bay Street in Beaufort’s downtown historic district. Scout Southern Market has a little bit of everything that represents the southern lowcountry lifestyle and home design trends. From vintage tea spoons to cookbooks, special mementos and so much more, you’re sure to find the perfect Lowcountry gift for the design-saavy loved one in your life.
2. Lowcountry Produce: Know someone who loves unique treats and local ingredients? Lowcountry Produce is the way to go. A favorite for brunch among visitors, they sell everything from canned goods to oils and vinegars and delicious southern spices; not to mention local handmade candles, home linens and other specialties you can’t find anywhere else. The best part? Order it all online if you can’t make it to the Lowcountry before the holidays.
3. Bay Street Outfitters: Bay Street Outfitters has everything an outdoors-lover needs to be prepared for the ultimate experience on and off the water. Grab a new rod, the best brand name apparel or if you’re feeling extra generous, a gift certificate to one of Bay Street’s guided fishing charters for a later time—the professional guided tour helps you catch Beaufort’s prized redfish and provides an experience on the water that’s hard to forget.
4. Lulu Burgess: You’re sure to find something lighthearted and fun at Lulu Burgess, down the street from Scout Southern Market. They offer a variety of gifts – from letterpress cards and handpainted coffee mugs to cheeky books, apparel and keepsakes. Stop by to find the perfect stocking stuffer sure to bring a smile to faces around your holiday gathering.
5. A night (or two) in Beaufort, Port Royal and the Sea Islands: If you have a little extra room in your holiday budget, splurge on a long weekend stay in Beaufort, Port Royal and the Sea Islands. Check out one of the many restored 18th-century antebellum bed & breakfasts or comfortable campgrounds. Or maybe you know someone who’s already visiting at a later time, splurge on one of the many activities the area has to offer from a historic horse drawn carriage tour to a vintage biplane tour to make their trip even more memorable.
6. Lily & Lou: Have a few little ones on your list? Grab some stylish outfits from Lily & Lou located in the heart of historic downtown Beaufort. Add a personal touch by using their embroidery and monogram services, and grab a few items for the other ladies in your life.
7. Macdonald Market Place: A hidden gem on St. Helena Island, Macdonald Market Place is a family owned business that unites local artisans in one collective space to provide shoppers the finest antiques and unique home décor and art. While you’re on the Island, stop by to tour Penn Center, one of the first schools for African Americans.
What’s your go-to lowcountry gift or store during the holidays? Use the hashtag #luvBFT and tag @visit_beaufortsc.